I used the same basic cake recipe that I had posted earlier with a few minor subtractions (vanilla essence, sugar amt.) and a few additions (cardamom powder, coconut flakes) and created a new bake! Have these delights for dessert or with a warm beverage.
- Butter - 1/2 cup ~ melted
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup or to taste
- Eggs - 2
- All purpose flour - 1 and 1/4 Cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Cardamom Pods - 10 ~ finely powder
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Milk - little less than 1/2 Cup ~ enough to make cake-like batter
- Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut - 1.5 tbsp
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 deg. Grease and flour dust a muffin/cupcake pan.
2. In a bowl, add warm, melted butter to sugar and mix.
3. Next add 2 eggs and mix.
4. Add the flour, the baking powder, cardamom powder, and salt and mix well until no lumps.
5. Add the milk and mix in well. Then add the coconut and mix thoroughly again.
6. Pour batter into muffin/cupcake tin and bake for approx 30 mins.
7. You can create your own icing or eat plain.
~ Makes about 10 cupcakes. Enjoy with a delicious cup of chai!