- Pasta shells - 1/2 a box
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 ~ chopped in fine cubes
- Salt - to taste
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Indian green chilli - 1 ~ chopped fine
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp ~ (optional) to taste
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Fish curry powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tuna in water - 2 cans
- Spinach - 1/2 of a frozen box
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp & Flour - 2tbsp + water ~ for pasta sauce
- Cheese - 1/2 cup for pasta ~ and enough to layer
- Bread Crumbs - enough for one layer
- Parsley - handful
1. Boil pasta in salt water till nearly done, drain and keep. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add cumin seeds - heat until they dance.
3. Add and brown onions (add pinch of salt to cook faster), add ginger-garlic paste, cook for 30 seconds or so.
4. Add turmeric powder - mix. Now add green chillies, red chili powder, coriander powder, fish curry powder, garam masala powder - mix and cook for a min. Add tbs of water if it threatens to burn.
5. Add and cook tuna in above masala mix for 2 mins.
6. Add the thawed spinach and the peas and cook for a min. Do not over cook.
7. For pasta sauce: Add 2 tbsp butter to a pan, melt, then add 2 tbsp flour, take off the pan and mix in so no lumps form. Add some water, keep stirring and place back on low heat. Keep stirring until nice and thick pasta sauce is made.
8. Place pasta in a greased baking pan, add and gently mix in the tuna mixture. Mix in the grated cheese.
9. Pour the pasta sauce evenly over top. Evenly add bread crumbs in a layer on top. Sprinkle some cheese and arrange the parsley.
10. Bake for 45-50 mins.