- Oil - 1 tbsp or less
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad daal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 3-4 leaves
- Medium Onion - 1/2 ~ cut fine
- Green Chilies - 1-2 ~ to taste ~ cut lengthwise
- Carrots - 2-3 ~ medium or large
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro - 1 stalk ~ for garnishing
1. Grate carrots and keep aside.
2. Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add cumin seeds.
3. Now add urad daal until it starts to brown or turn an orangish color (do not burn).
4. Drop in curry leaves and fry for a min or two.
5. Now add the onion and cook until translucent. You can add a dash of salt to cook it faster.
6. Add the green chillies and cook for a few minutes.
7. Now add the carrots and salt and cook on low heat for about five more mins.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro in the end.