- Fettuccine noodles - 1/2 the box ~ boiled and drained
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1/2 medium ~ cut fine lengthwise
- Salt - to taste
- Green chilies - 2 or to taste ~ cut fine
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Basil - 1 tsp
- Green Pepper - 1/4 of one ~ finely chopped
- Green Onion - 3 stalks ~ finely chop (1 root has about 3 stalks on it)
- Pasta Sauce - 1/2 cup (less or more) ~ We used tomato garlic sauce.
- Cheese - for garnishing ~ choose your favorite. We went with pepper jack.
1. First add pasta to water and start boiling since this takes a while. Some people add a pinch of salt in hopes of cooking it faster.
2. Heat oil and add onions. Add a dash of salt for the onions to cook faster.
3. Add the green chillies. Mix and cook for a few mins.
4. Now add the dry spices, turmeric, pepper powder, garam masala, and dry basil and cook. Add a tsp of water if it threatens to burn.
5. Now add the green pepper and cook for about 3 mins. Then add the green onion and cook for 2 mins. Then add desired pasta sauce and mix in well for another 1-2 mins.
6. Add more salt, only if needed.
~ Serve hot on top of fettuccine pasta, garnish with desired cheese, and get ready to adore the taste!