- Atta (wheat) flour - 1.5 Cups
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar - 2/3 Cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Water - as needed
- Olive Oil - 2-3 tbsp ~ enough to shallow fry ~ alternative: use vegetable oil
1. Sift and mix well atta, all purpose flour, salt, and powdered sugar into a bowl.
2. Add small amts. of water, and mix with hand, until it becomes one large ball of dough.
3. Knead the dough for a min., then create tennis size balls which you should thinly roll out with a rolling pin.
4. Cut diamond shapes with a large knife (or whatever knife works).
5. Heat oil in a large pan, and place diamond cut slices into it until it browns.
~I like to shallow fry, unless I really have to use more oil for something. This snack is quite healthy and palatable.
You can create these without adding the sugar, instead add:
- two pinches of red chilli powder
- two-three pinches ajwain seeds
- another pinch or two of salt
(mixing all three into the dry ingredients before creating the dough) to make it a nice salty snack!