- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Medium Onion - 1/2 ~ chop lengthwise
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilies - 2-3 ~ to your taste
- Green Pepper (capsicum) - 1/4 ~ chop fine
- Yellow Pepper - 1/4 ~ (optional) chop fine
- Red Pepper - 1/4 ~ (optional) chop fine
- Small Tomato - 1 ~ chop fine cubes
- Frenchstyle Green Beans - 1 Cup
- Coconut - 3-4 tbsp
1. Place onions in oil. Add a bit of salt to cook them faster, until translucent.
2. Add turmeric and mix, then add green chilies, and fry for a min.
3. Add the peppers and fry for abt. two mins.
4. Now add the tomato and cook until tomatoes are squished looking.
5. Add the green beans and cook till tender. Add salt as needed.
6. Add coconut in the end, mix well, and cook for a min. Do not burn!
~ I usually steam the green beans in the rice cooker while the rice is cooking just to have them cook faster. By the time the rice is ready, I'm ready to put the beans in. If you can't steam beans then just cook for longer. All the peppers add wonderful flavor or color but you can add just the Green Peppers too. Enjoy with some white rice or rotis.