- Fettuccine Pasta - 1/2 box ~ for two persons
- Olive oil - 1-2 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 4 ~ large sized
- Mushrooms (Shitake) - 1/3 cup ~ chopped fine
- Green onions - 2 individual stalks thinly sliced ~ two roots hold about 6 stalks
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Evaporated milk - 1 5fl. oz. can ~ sub for half in half or heavy cream
- Salt & pepper - 1 tsp each
- All purpose flour - 2 tsp
- Cheese - 1/4 cup ~ use romano - I used pepper jack for a bit of spice
- Milk - 1/3 cup ~ or more as needed
1. Bring salt water to a boil. Add fettuccine noodles, cook till done, and drain.
2. Heat olive oil, fry up garlic pcs, mushrooms, then add green onions and continue frying for 3-4 mins.
3. In a separate pan melt butter, add evaporated milk and whisk a bit. Add salt and pepper and mix.
4. Add the flour and whisk well, till no lumps are formed.
5. Now add cheese and continue whisking. Add a dash of milk for more sauce and adjust pepper and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer.
6. Add into sauce the fried garlic, mushroom, green onions and continue whisking.
8. Serve hot.
~ If dinner time is still a ways away and the sauce forms a thick layer on top, just whisk, or add a dash of milk and whisk a bit. Heat before serving. You can easily add chicken or shrimp to this recipe, just fry up in pan with the garlic, mushroom, green onion combination and then add to alfredo sauce in the end. Enjoy :)