- Chicken - 2.2 lbs (cut into medium sized pieces)
- Oil - 2 tbsp ~ for frying
- Mustard seeds - 3 pinches
- Onions - 1
- Curry Leaves - 1 stalk or more
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp OR green chillies cut small
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Thin Coconut milk - 1 Cup
- Coconut - cut in thin pieces
- Water - as reqrd
- Salt - as reqrd
- Red Wine - a splash
- Thick coconut milk - 1/2 Cup ~ optional
- Fresh Coriander Leaves - 2 stalks
1. Heat oil in pan.
2. splutter mustard seeds.
3. fry onions till golden brown.
4. add curry leaves.
5. when color changes add garlic and ginger paste.
6. add chicken, chillies, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala.
7. mix well and stir for a few mins.
8. add the coconut milk (thin) and or coconut pieces.
9. add water (not too much) and salt to taste.
11. add a splash of wine.
12. when chicken is fully cooked - add thick coconut milk if wanted...
~Serve with basmati rice and garnish with coriander leaves for an authentic taste!