- Butter - 1/2 cup ~ melted
- Sugar - 1 cup ~ or less
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- All purpose flour - 1 & amp ; 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup ~ may need additional bit
- Instant coffee (Nescafe) - 2 tsp
- Hot water - 1 tbsp
1. Heat oven to 350F. Add sugar to melted butter and whisk until it looks and feels light and fluffy. I literally hand-whisked 200 rotations!
2. Drop in eggs one by one and continue whisking.
3. Add vanilla, then strain in flour, baking powder and soda. Mix well, then add yogurt to form a thick batter.
4. Place half of the above batter into a greased/floured 8" pan - leave gaps in between.
5. Mix the instant coffee with the hot water and add this to the rest of the flour in bowl with batter for a chocolaty-brown color.
6. Now add the chocolate colored batter in the gaps you left previously in the batter in 8" pan - it should look like a checker board.
7. Take a fork or knife and gently swirl the batter once or twice.
8. Bake in oven for 35-40 mins. Check at 30 mins.