- Angel hair pasta or any kind - enough for number of people served
- Potatoes - 3 ~ I used 1 large and 2 medium, cut in medium cubes
- Lime - 1 whole
- Garlic cloves - 6 large pcs
- Chicken legs - 8 pcs
- Salt and ground black pepper - a few tsps.
- Dry basil - a good tbsp ~ fresh basil is better
- Green chillies - 1 ~ finely chopped
- Red pepper - 1/2 of one ~ finely chopp
- Yellow onion - 1 small - chopped thin lengthwise
- Roma tomato - 1 small
- Chilli-ready diced tomatoes - 1 can
- Chicken Broth - 1/4 Cup
- Olive oil - a few drops
- Rosemary - 1 stalk ~ rip up
- Thyme - 1 small stalk ~ rip up
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In salt water, cook pasta and drain. In another dish, cook potatoes with whole lime and garlic cloves for 12 mins. Drain and toss so the sides are rough. Take the lime and garlic cloves out and puncture the lime a few times.
3. Rub chicken with salt and pepper and place in fridge. I skipped this step and instead smeared chicken in stage 5.
4. In a 8x11 pan, layer with canned tomatoes, then add a bit of chicken broth. Now add the lime and garlic pcs.
5. Add the chicken legs (smear with pepper and salt if haven't already marinaded in 3.). Add a bit of olive oil to chicken.
6. Add onions, red pepper, tomatoes, green chillies.
7. Now add potatoes on and around the pan.
8. Sprinkle the basil, then add rosemary and thyme over the potatoes.
9. Place in oven for 45 mins (potatoes get roasted very well]). Bring chicken to the top and roast. After another 45 mins. turn chicken around and place in oven for another 30 mins.
Total cook/roast time = 2 hrs.
~ Remember the chicken will give off juices too so you can omit the canned tomatoes and chicken broth for a dryer version. I made more gravy because I can use this atop the pasta in the end :) We also had some with idlis!